Saturday 4 January 2014

YOGASMOGA Review

One Breath At A Time

Yogasmoga is a recent competitor for the yoga apparel giant Lululemon.  I first heard about Yogasmoga while reading a popular blog post about yoga gear back in April of 2013.  They came upon the scene at a time when Lululemon was going through the whole sheer pants debacle and many of us were on the lookout for something new.  At the time, the company was very new with only a few items to offer.  Prices are comparable to that of Lulu as well.

Yantra Tank


The Yantra Tank ($55) is a racerback style made of the technical material that is exclusive to Yogasmoga called Aurum.  I have two of these tanks.  I think that they could be a tad longer, although they do stay put when you workout (I've worn them to Moksha yoga and bootcamp classes).  This fall they released a fresh crop of new colors for this tank.

Twistie Tank


I haven't tried this tank yet.  It appears to be very similar to the Lululemon Power Y Tank.  It has a shelf bra inside and is designed for low impact workouts and specifically designed for yoga.  The Twistie Tank ($64) originally came in only two or three colors, the one above is called India Blue, but in the fall with the release of new items and colors, they increased their color palette to include pretty hues such as Voilet Twilight and Seattle Mist.

U and Me Bra

The U and Me Bra ($49) was another Yogasmoga original piece.  This is very similar to the Lululemon Flow Y Bra.  Again, this only came in a handful of colors originally but then was released again with pretty colors like this one above (Seattle Mist/Grey Cavier).

Run Jump N' Play Crops


I bought the Run Jump N' Play Crops ($88) right after I saw  them!  They are very similar to the Lululemon Wunder Under Crops.  I bought these in my regular size 6 and they fit like a dream.  They are a little higher rise than the Wunder Unders (not much).  They are have great compression, keep their shape, and NOT AT ALL SHEER!!! They wash wonderfully as well.  No pilling after many runs, bootcamp classes, yoga classes, etc.  I even wear them as tights under long shirts and with boots and they feel great all day!
Originally, these came out in a few colors, Carbon 6 (color above), Carbon 6/India Blue, India Blue, and Tickeled Pink.

This fall when the new items and new colors were added, Yogasmoga put out a coupon that allowed you to get $75 off your order if you bought a top and a bottom, so I bought two more pairs of the Run Jump N' Play Crops in Carbon 6/India Blue and Caviar Grey.  Both fit great.  This second round of crops that came out from Yogasmoga were even nicer than the first round though.  They were softer for one thing and the leg opening at the calf was not as tight as the first crops that I bought back in the spring.  The Caviar Grey crops are super soft, but I do find them a little more sheer than the Carbon 6 black material.

Run Jump N' Play Crops 
Carbon 6/India Blue


Run Jump N' Play Crops
Caviar Gray
 
Yogasmoga is a growing company for sure.  Although they still have a small variety of product, it is good quality product!  I, like many others who take care when purchasing fitwear, don't mind paying premium prices as long as the quality is there.  This is a company that I will definitely continue to purchase clothes from.  They ship for free to Canada (this is a US based company) but they do charge return shipping if you return (same as Lululemon though).  

A few other new items that appeared on their site in November that I have yet to try but will do in the future:

Tickle Me Tank
($72)

Ballerina Leggings
($98)

Free To Play Crop
($84)


One of the neat things about this company is that it offers you the chance to earn something they call Smogi Bucks!  When someone refers you to Yogasmoga via email and you accept this, you automatically get 25 Smogi Bucks that you can put towards your first purchase!  If you order anything, your friend who referred you will also get 25 Smogi Bucks too!  Every time you purchase anything, your account will accumulate Smogi Bucks that you can bank and use whenever you wish!  Most items you purchase will get you 5 Smogi Bucks each!  I think that this is a nice little incentive.  Kind of a good karma thing for return customers, referring yogi friends and the company alike!

Check out this site and enjoy!

Yogasmoga.com

4 comments:

  1. I love the yogasmoga slimmie pants. They are my go to pants for anything, yoga, exercising or just plain old day or night on the town. Have you tried those yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Slimmie Pants yet, but I have only read great reviews about them! The next time I buy a pair of yoga pants, I will try them though! I have some Smogi Bucks to spend! Gotta love multi-use yoga wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ordered a pair of the Slimmie Pants today :-) They usually only take a week or so to arrive so I will keep you posted as to what I think when they arrive. I LIVE in black yoga pants, so they will be put to the test for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quickly received my Classic Slimmie Pants and have been enjoying them since! I wrote a blog post all about them today! I'd love to hear from any of you who may have purchased Yogasmoga gear as well. I'd especially love to hear about the Free To Play Crops and the Tickle Me Tank!!

    Cheers!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete