Wednesday 22 January 2014

Glyder Apparel

I'm always in search of a new brand of fitness wear.  I look for fun, functional, fashionable fitness wear.  I love bright colors and cool designs.  However, at the top of my list are always fit and function!  I want my workout crops/pants to fit well, to have enough compression to hold me in but not be so tight as to create a dreaded muffin top!  I want the waist band to be supportive enough that it holds me tight while I run, squat, jump, or downward dog without needing constant readjustments!  Doesn't sound like a lot to ask from a pair of workout bottoms that I am willing to drop big bucks on is it?  Easier said that done for sure.  

A few months ago someone mentioned Glyder Apparel to me as a new brand.  Right away I went home and searched their website and Googled as many reviews as I could find.  There weren't many reviews out there, and there were none on their site at all, but what I did find was positive.  I even found a 25% off discount code on someone's blog so I decided I would give them a try.

I ordered two pairs of their Mantra Crops ($52); one in Charcoal Heather and the other in Black.






The shipping from Glyder is a little on the expensive side ($45 to Canada) but the price of the crops + the 25% discount helped for sure!  In the end, they were still a lot cheaper than two pairs of Lululemon crops!  They shipped very quickly - I received them only a week after ordering them! The customer service was awesome as well! I had typed in the wrong postal code and emailed them to see if I could fix this - they did so very quickly and sent a very nice email back to reassure me that all was good with my order.  They even asked if I would send them a little feedback on how I liked the crops!

Now, on to the fit!  These crops are super soft.  They feel like butter!  I wore the Charcoal Heather pair to a Moksha Yoga (hot) class and was pleasantly surprised when I didn't once have to adjust the waistband!  Since they were so soft, I thought for sure that I would end up having to pull them up all through the class, but that was not the case!  The fit was snug and soft at the same time.  I really love the wide waist band as well.  The wicking and drying properties of these crops were also a pleasant surprise.  Anyone who has taken any hot yoga class knows that you are drenched all the way through your clothes when you leave.  This was still true for the Mantra Crops.  However, I had  a 10 minute drive home from the yoga studio and by the time I arrived home, my crops were dry already!  That is a first for me for sure!  Next I wore the black Mantra Crops to a bootcamp class.  These crops held up and stayed in place throughout the whole class.  Lots of squats, running, pushups, lunges, etc, and the waistband never moved!

For all of you Lululemon Devotees out there (as I once was), these crops are very similar to Wunder Unders in style and sizing (I usually wear a 6 in Wunder Unders, I purchased a small in the Mantra Crops, but am thinking extra small would have been ok as well) and the material is very much like that of old-style Luon that everyone loved and misses!

The next purchase that I make from Glyder will be for the Ninja Crop Leggings in Black, the Endurance Tank in Seafoam/Seafoam Print, and the Fly Tank in Ocean Mist.


Ninja Crop Legging $68


Endurance Tank 
Seafoam/Seafoam Print
$48




Fly Tank
Ocean Mist
$42




Check out this new line - you won't be disappointed!   work-sweat-play.com

Cheers!
Jamie





No comments:

Post a Comment