Saturday 4 January 2014

My Intro to Lululemon

As I began working out, I was purchasing workout gear from Walmart.  Sweatpants are sweatpants.  Right??? Wow!  So not true!!!

Wearing high-polyester content workout gear that somewhat fit ok.  At this point, I was just getting myself moving so as long as I was covered up I didn't really care too much about what my clothes were looking like.  I quickly learned that cotton t shirts are not the best workout tops to wear in the summer. It was very early in the first round of bootcamp classes that I took that I heard of Lululemon.  Oh, sure, I'd heard of Lululemon before, but I'd also heard of how much these pants cost.  Seeing as I was paying $17 per pair of workout pants at Walmart, I just could not see myself paying over $100 per pair for pants that may only fit for a short while as I was planning to shed some pounds.  So I waited.

After my first year of working out and as I continued to lose weight and sizes, my old Walmart gear was beginning to get very loose and saggy.  As I got fast and was working out harder, I found it much more difficult to keep these pants up during higher impact workouts.  I decided to give Lululemon a try....and the rest is, as they say, history!

Over the years I have acquired a rather large Lululemon wardrobe.  I still buy the occassional item, but due to the sheerness issue that began last spring, I am buying less and less these days.  The original stuff that I did buy though, older Wunder Unders, Groove Pants, and Cool Racerbacks are the best quality and still look like new!  Some of the newer stuff, however, is a little less durable (more piling, stitching quality and material quality definitely not as great as it once was, etc) and I don't tend to wear/buy as much anymore.  

I keep hoping that someday Lululemon will bring back it's original designs and original materials (no more of this luon light business and see through black crops).  If they do, I will definitely keep you posted!!!


To see some of this product for yourself check out the Lululemon webiste:
www.lululemon.com
****Hint:  Watch the 'We Made Too Much' selection as it changes frequently but every now and then you can still get a steal!

Below is a picture of me in Cool Racerback in Polar Cream/Beaming Blue Laceoflage pattern and black Wunder Unders (older material and therefore I love them!)





No comments:

Post a Comment