Sunday 10 August 2014

June Lululemon Purchases: Treasures and Returns

Since I live nowhere near a Lululemon store location, I often find myself ordering online.  I do live close to a boutique store which carries some Lululemon items, but stock doesn't always have the size, color, or items that I may be looking for.  At the end of June I did find myself in close proximity to an actual LLL store!  I had 45 minutes to look/try on/shop/buy and these are the 5 items that I left with (I tried on about 15 items):


Every Yogi Tee:  Stroll Stripe Heathered Cashew White/White
I got this fantastic t shirt on markdown!  Super comfy and long!  It is great to wear with Wunder Unders - covers your bum comfortably without being tight.  I got it in my tts (true to size) 6 and it fits really well.  Reviews on this product weren't great - a lot of talk of piling and crooked seams. I haven't had any problems but I do wash it as directed and lay flat to dry.  I've found that it keeps its shape and the Vitasea material is amazingly soft!

Up the Pace Crop:  Steep Stripe Bleached Coral Horizontal
These are my new absolute favorite crops!!!!!  OMG!   These are made of Luxtreme and Mesh, these were very thick with great coverage!  No sheerness at all and I did the bend over test a number of times to check this out!  They fit on the waist at a medium rise like the old Wunder Unders did and they stay in place beautifully when you run/jump/squat, etc!  The length is around the same as Wunder Unders as well.  These are designated as crops for running but due to the amazing coverage you can wear them for any activity!  I like these even better than my Run Inspires because the material really does great things to make your bum look tight and high - and really, who doesn't want that!?  I bought these in my tts 6.

I was amazed when I saw these go on the WMTM section of the online store this week!  They had only been available for a month and there they were, only $69 a pair!  Of course, this was too good to pass up so I ordered two black pairs and can not wait for them to arrive!!!!!  If you haven't tried these yet, they are so worth it!  Here's what they look like in black:


Pace Setter Skirt - Tall:  Black 
I've wanted to try a Pace Setter Skirt for ages!  I see other runners wear them and they look so cute!  Trouble is, I have heavy thighs and the little shorts under the skirt always made my thighs look bigger when I tried them on in the past.  Since I was at the store and had access to more stock, I got to try on the tall version and it looked much better - much more modest length for this gal who usually wears crops so I purchased it!  I wore this skirt once for a short, fast 5K run. When I got home and took it off, the stitching in the crotch area was all undone on the inside of the shorts!  I washed the skirt and returned it right away!  I did experience excellent customer service with the online GEC that I connected with.  They offered to send me a GC which is fine by me as I will most like just purchase a replacement item when it comes :-)


Rollin With My Omies Tank:  Aquamarine
I bought this little beauty to wear to work, out to supper, etc.  It is listed as a "to and from" item, and really, it isn't a function activewear piece.  It is a beautiful top and the color is amazing!  I paired this with a short black skirt in my closet and wore a black cami under and it looked great.  Very light and airy for the hot summer weather!  I plan to wear this to work with a blazer over it in the fall too.  I justified the price tag by telling myself how multi-functional it is :-)

Movement Jacket:  Cayman Stripe Heathered Medium Grey
This is my new favorite hoodie!  I'm actually wearing it right now as I type this!!!  It is a chilly, rainy summer day and this lightweight hoodie is exactly the right weight.  It's a nice alternative to the Scuba Hoodie which is much heavier.  The hood is a little big but it it is functional for sure.  


So, in 45 minutes I bought 5 items, 4 of which I LOVE and 1 that was sent back!  Not a bad shopping day - as long as I don't think too long about how much it cost in one lump sum....LOL

Cheers!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment