Sunday 17 August 2014

Lululemon Run Inspire Black Savasana Camo -All Luxtreme

I was so sad when I saw pictures of black savasana camo Run Inspire Crops on blog pages and realized that they sold out so fast, I didn't even see them online!  I sighed about this and hoped that they would come back, but seriously thought that they were limited edition and most likely gone forever - as is often Lululemon's style when they bring out coveted new items and or prints (another issue for another blog entry).




About a week later I was just casually sifting through their crops online and there they were! Bam! Online and in all kinds of sizes!  I quickly ordered a pair in size 6, which is my tts in all Lululemon bottoms, and awaited their arrival.

In the meantime, I read some not-so-pleasant reviews of these crops.  Many people said that they had to size up as these were tighter fitting than the regular Luxtreme material that these crops usually come in.  Oh dear.  Then I read a lot about how the material was shiny.  I wasn't too worried about that as Luxtreme is a shiny material.  It is definitely not the same as traditional, thick Luon.  I already knew this and love Luxtreme crops for running, so this didn't worry me too much.  Then I saw a few reviews that called the matieral "cheap-looking" and "scratchy".  These descriptors had me a little more worried for sure!  

When the crops arrived, I tore them out of the bag and examined the material closely.  The size looked right. They were soft and shiny but in the light they looked exceptionally shiny.  This really worried me.  I mean, I am sure that I would be able to find a pair of shiny polyester workout crops at Old Navy or Target that had a camo print for a small percentage of the cost.  I had paid the premium price for these puppies though!  $92 + tax!  Apparently these are a limited edition print so Lululemon decided to charge more!  What the heck?

When I tried them on, they were completely opaque - no sheerness with the bend-over test at all.  They felt compressive - which is fantastic.  There were made of 'All Luxtreme', as the tag said, which is different from regular Run Inspire Crops as they have some mesh behind each leg but these did not.  But were they too shiny? Were they too cheap looking?  UGGH!!! I couldn't decide.  I wore them around the house with the tags on them off and on for almost two weeks.  Decision day was upon me as you only have two weeks to return unused merchandise to Lululemon.  

On the weekend I was going to be participating in Yogathon - 108 Sun Salutaions (#Riseforacause) and I thought, what the heck, I will try these crops on one more time.  This time, they felt amazing.  They weren't super shiny - probably never were but I let those reviews get under my skin.  I cut the tags, washed them and wore them to do 3 hours of Sun Salutations. They were awesome!  The first thing that happened after I got to my mat was a girl close by pointed them out to her friend and said, "Oh! I love her crops!"  She looked to me and asked where I got my "awesome crops".  I told her Lululemon and that I almost sent them back.  She looked horrified and said, "Oh God no!  Those are fantastic!"  

So happy I kept them!  Such a nice addition to my workout wardrobe of workout crops which are almost all completely solid black.

Cheers!
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. I also need best quality womens work out gear and will order few pairs online, in different colors. Can you suggest which color pants and leggings I should get? Well, I would prefer green and blue color ones for me as these colors are in trend these days.

    ReplyDelete