Sunday 2 March 2014

Race With Grace Crops: Lululemon Review

A few weeks ago, I was looking through the WMTM (We made too much) section of the Lululemon website as I often do.  They had the Race With Grace Crops on for $59.  I really wanted a new pair of running crops and these had great reviews and the price was right so I ordered them.

Mistakenly, I ordered the Light Soot and Bali Breeze color.  I meant to order the Soot Light and Wee Stripe White, but I ordered quickly before going to a 6 am class at the gym.  I guess my mind was awake enough to remember my credit card info but not enough to check the color I had selected.  LOL!  I love the Bali Breeze waist band, but not particularly struck on the colored stripe down the leg, but they were on sale so I have to keep them anyhow.  It's not so much that the stripe doesn't look sharp, but ladies who are like me and have a more generous hip and thigh area, we usually try not to attract extra attention there with bright colors, stripes, and other frills.  




These crops fit like a dream!  I love the little back pocket for your key when you go out for a run. The waist band stays in place nicely when you run/jump etc.  I wore these to a class that had a lot of cardio (suicides, burpees, sprinting, etc) and they stayed in place throughout the class. The material is lovely and soft.  

One thing that I did notice when I tried them on first is that they are a little on the sheer side.  When I say sheer, I mean I can't wear any underwear with them or not only will you see vpl (visible panty lines), but you will know what color the underwear are as well!  I took out the rip tag and went commando to run in these.  That being said, any deep bends while wearing these crops would not be too smart :-)  I'll wear these to upper body strength and cardio classes and when I want to go for a run.  I won't wear these to an ab class, a lower body strength class (where you would have to do deep squats or lunges), barre, or yoga classes.

The first question most people ask when you say a crop is sheer is 'did you buy the correct size'?  Yep.  I bought my regular size 6.  As it was, I had to pull the drawstring in the waist tighter so if I had purchased a size 8, the waist would have been way too big and wouldn't have stayed up at all.  I don't usually care as much if my tag says 6 or 8, but I do care if the crop does its job and stays put while I workout.

All in all, not a bad crop but not as multi-functional as other crops in my fitwear wardrobe.

Cheers!
Jamie




No comments:

Post a Comment