Saturday 8 February 2014

Hmmmm...Interesting! Lululemon Is Banning Customers Who Try To Resell Their Clothing Online

Check out this article!

http://www.businessinsider.com/lululemons-resell-policy-bans-customers-2014-2

Ummm, I don't know about all of you, but I think that once you purchase an item, it is yours and you can do whatever you like with it.   That being said, it is pretty gross when you go on ebay and look at some of the markups on Lululemon items - especially the hard to find ones, like Gratitude Wraps and Method Wraps for example.  I've found Gratitude Wraps going for twice what they were worth at the point of sale!  Today I checked out the Method Wrap and found one on there for $385!  I paid $118 when I bought the same one a few years ago.  That is crazy! This does feel like those who are purchasing these items from such sites are getting taken advantage of, however, don't they have the right to spend their money any way they wish?  All that being said, when you purchase items second hand, the company who makes them really has no duty to you as a customer, right?  Lululemon has responded that they are attempting to keep people away from counterfeit merchandise.  Well, that's great and all but when someone purchases something from anywhere other than the direct company store, isn't that their risk? Buyer beware and all?

Just my thoughts but if I buy a high end BBQ and then decide next year that I no longer want it and go online and sell it for an inflated price, and someone buys it, that's the business of myself and the person who purchases it, right?  Now, don't get me wrong, I am not endorsing those who sell Lululemon items at an inflated price.  I'm not!  It's wrong in my opinion!  I just don't know how right it is for Lululemon to interfere? Perhaps if they had a less stringent return policy they would see less of this and more people would simply return their items and purchase something more suitable directly from the company.  I find it troubling that they have gone after IP addresses of people who are selling new items online and no longer allowing them to shop on their site!  This is a little crazy, no?  What about those of us who purchase and item, wear it a few times, lose some weight and no longer can use that item - are we not allowed to sell it at a reduced price to someone who does fit into said item?  

What do you all think?  I am interested to hear your opinions!

Cheers!
Jamie


2 comments:

  1. I have only sold used Lulu clothes that I couldn't wear anymore because I "shrunk" out of it....There is a ton of new stuff on Ebay at ridiculous prices....sometimes it's stuff I've seen on the "we made too much" site, but tagged as "rare." I think that, if someone is dumb enough to pay ridiculously inflated prices, so be it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the same Nicole - sold things that no longer fit. I especially find it difficult to part with items that were of the great quality that Lulu used to produce because it can no longer be replaced with items of the same quality :-( I have to agree with you - if someone is crazy enough to spend up to $500 on a Lululemon item on Ebay or anywhere else, that is their choice. It wouldn't be one that I would make for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete