Sunday 9 February 2014

Shipping to Canada

There are so many different athletic wear companies out there!  Sooo sooo many!  I've ordered from both Canada and the US from numerous companies.  I find myself at a loss currently. There are a number of companies that I would love to purchase from but when I get all of my purchases to checkout there is no option for shipping to a Canadian address.  Sucks, eh?

Lucy Activewear has some beautiful stuff!  (http://www.lucy.com)( I found a number of pairs of crops that I really wanted to try out but I can not seem to find a way to get them shipped to me! This weekend they have a sale on; take an extra 30% off all sale items and I am so frustrated because there are some great buys on there that I can not get to!  Any readers in the US, check it out for sure!  I've sent an email to their Contact Us address at the bottom of their page but have not heard back yet.  Has anyone else in Canada been able to order from them?  I've seen some yoga instructors I've had classes with wearing them, but I am sure they purchased them in the US.

A new company that I heard of recently while I was at home sick and watching day time TV is Fabletics. (http://www.fabletics.com)   This is a company that was recently launched by Kate Hudson.  Hudson has been quotes as saying that the clothes are "high-quality, affordable athletic wear that was also hip. Clothes that women would love wearing all day."  (http://www.dailyglow.com/kate-hudson-launches-new-workout-wear-line-1009.html)

When you first go to the website, you have the opportunity to get 50% off your first purchase! The webiste offers:
  • Create Your Lifestyle Profile - Take our quick lifestyle quiz so we can get to know you better.
  • Receive Personalized Outfits - Each month, you'll find new outfits hand-selected just for you and your workouts.
  • Shop! - Buy the outfits you love or skip the month altogether. There's never any obligation to buy.
Again, this was another site that would not allow me to select Canada as a shipping address option!  Grr!  I've also sent an email to their Contact Us address and am awaiting their reply. Has anyone ever ordered from them before?  What are the clothes like?  Any Canadians manage to get their hands on any goods from this site?

All of that being said, there are great American companies that ship very willingly to Canada. Glyder Apparel (work-sweat-play.com) and Yogasmoga (http://www.yogasmoga.com) will happily deliver to Canadian customers - rather quickly too (within one to two weeks).

I do buy Canadian whenever I can, but I do like to try out companies that I hear about on the street, on TV, in magazines as well from time to time.  

I'd love to hear from anyone who may have a solution or if anyone else in Canada has had any luck with this sort of thing.  I'll keep you posted if I hear back from these companies as well!

Cheers!
Jamie


3 comments:

  1. I have since heard back from both Lucy Activewear and Fabletics. Neither are currently shipping to Canada but both are exploring expanding into Canada and hope to be able to do so soon! Stay tuned! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written - Great information.Thanks for sharing it with us.Please also visit my bodybuilding clothing canada page and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Athletic Wear Canada

    ReplyDelete